- The school fees for an academic year in Groups 1 – 7 are €3 800 per child (2016 – 2017).
- In Group 0 the fees vary depending on services requested (Education for 3 year olds will not be subsidised by the Dutch Ministry of Education. This results in higher fees in this group).
- No discounts will be given in the case of more than one child from the same family attending the International Section of the school.
- If a child begins attending the school at a date other than the official start of the academic year in August/September, the school fee will be calculated pro rate, plus one month. School fees are calculated on ten month basis.
- Parents are requested to pay the school fee within the time set on the invoice. Should this not be convenient, the fee can be paid in two instalments. Fees of students joining the school after January are payable in full before the student(s) start(s) school.
In the event that fees have not been received according to the above conditions, a place will be offered to the child(ren) concerned in the Dutch Section of the school (provided there are spaces available) and their places in the International Department will be offered to those currently heading the waiting list.
In the event of the applicant’s knowledge of the English language being below the acceptable minimum (as determined by the school), the applicant is required to have additional English Language coaching. Such coaching may be arranged by the school but the costs, usually around € 30 per hour, remain the responsibility of the parents.
Applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
The student has a non-Dutch nationality (or: also a non-Dutch nationality) and has a parent that is working in The Netherlands (or in a Dutch border region) for a limited time;
The student has the Dutch nationality and has lived and gone to school abroad for at least two years because a parent was stationed abroad;
The student has the Dutch nationality and has a parent (with whom the student will be living) that will be stationed abroad within two years and for at least two years. This is to be proven by a written statement of the parent’s employer.
After application, if a vacancy exists and the child is considered to benefit from the academic program offered at our school, a place will be offered in the form of a letter to the parent. The parent must reply to the School accepting the place.
The documents needed for each child before entry:
- completed registration form and fee.
- relevant information about the school career of the child including report cards of the last two school years (if applicable) and letter of recommendation of last school.
- copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- completed emergency contact section on the registration form.
Admission decisions are made based on each child’s prior school records (if applicable), placement assessments and a visit to the school.
We recognise the following predictors of success in our school:
- High academic and/or readiness marks;
- Recommendations that reflect good behaviour and motivation;
- Excellent aptitude;
- Positive experiences during the student’s school visit that indicate an ability to adapt well to our school environment.
Elckerlyc is a diverse community. We do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, national origin or sex in the selection of students. We actively seek diversity in our student body. For questions, appointments, further information regarding openings at the school, please use the following address: